By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Fort McAllister Road home damaged in kitchen fire
Homeowner suffers minor injuries, no working fire detectors in home, authorities say
Fire damaged a Fort McAllister Road home early Friday morning.


A Fort McAllister Road home suffered damage to the kitchen and smoke damage throughout after an early morning kitchen fire Friday.

Bryan County Emergency Services Director Freddy Howell said firefighters from BCES and the Richmond Hill Fire Department were dispatched at 4:10 a.m. to 2253 Fort McAllister and arrived to find heavy smoke and flames coming from the kitchen area and the homeowner trying to put the blaze out.

“After firefighters removed the homeowner from the residence they quickly extinguished the fire,” Howell said in a press release. “The structure did sustain significant damage in the kitchen area and smoke damage throughout. The homeowner sustained minor injuries but refused EMS transport for further evaluation. Family members were notified and arrived to assist with care of the homeowner. The home was reported to have no working smoke detectors.”



Sign up for our E-Newsletters