Due to the potential for severe weather associated with Tropical Storm Idalia, all clinics and offices of the Coastal Health District will close at 3 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 29 and remain closed until 10 a.m. on Thursday, Aug. 31. This includes the health departments in Bryan, Camden, Chatham, Effingham, Glynn, Liberty, Long, and McIntosh Counties. The district’s two drive-through COVID testing sites in Savannah and Hinesville will be closed Wednesday.
Anyone with a clinic appointment previously scheduled during the closure will be contacted to reschedule.
The Coastal Health District urges residents to be prepared as TS Idalia approaches. They should:
- Have a three-day supply of non-perishable foods.
- Have one gallon of water per person per day.
- Have a three-day supply of prescription medications.
- Turn the refrigerator to the coldest setting.
- Secure homes by covering doors and windows.
- Charge phones and electronics.
The official Georgia Hurricane Guide is also available online with great information about hurricanes and emergency preparedness.