The Board of Registrars’ office has announced in-office absentee voting is now available for the upcoming election on Nov. 6, for Pembroke and Richmond Hill’s City Elections and the Special Election for the Bryan County Board of Education’s SPLOST.
In-office absentee voting can be done at the Voter Registration Office, located at 151 S. College St. in Pembroke. It will also be available at the Courthouse Annex, 9930 Ford Ave., in Richmond Hill from Oct. 22 through Nov. 2. Office hours at both locations are 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
"Advance voting (no reason early voting) will be available at both locations for the week of Oct. 29 through Nov. 2 for the Special Election," said a release from the Registrars’ office.
For Bryan County residents who wish to vote by mail in the Special Election, a written application request must be sent to the Voter Registration Office, P.O. Box 1526, Pembroke, GA 31321.
To vote by mail in the City Elections, send written application requests to the appropriate city: P.O. Box 130, Pembroke, GA 31321, or P.O. Box 250, Richmond Hill, GA 31324.
Friday, Nov. 2 is the last day ballots can be mailed out and absentee ballots must be received back by Nov. 6.
To vote absentee/advance in person at city elections, contact the appropriate city for hours and location: Pembroke, 653-4413 or Richmond Hill, 756-3345. Advance voting for city elections will be held on same days as the county, from Oct. 29 – Nov. 2.
"The Secretary of State has established two ways to provide voters with immediate access to precinct and district information" the release said. "The Poll Locator can be accessed through the Secretary of State’s web site at www.sos.state.ga.us. It requires entry of last name, first initial, and date of birth to obtain voter registration information. The Interactive Voice Response system is accessible to voters through the toll-free number 1-888-265-1115. The Voter Registration Office can be reached at 653-3859."
To vote in person in the City Elections on Election Day, Nov. 6, go to the City Hall in Pembroke, 160 North Main St., or the John W. Stevens Wetlands Education Building in J.F. Gregory Park.
To vote in person in the Special Election, go to your county precinct (otherwise referred to as a voting district):
- Precinct ID: 1 Pembroke West, American Legion, 1040 Hwy 280 West
- Precinct ID: 2 Pembroke East, City Hall, 160 N Main Street
- Precinct ID: 3 Ellabell, Hendrix Park Gym, 4060 Wilma Edwards Road
- Precinct ID: 4 Blitchton Fire Station, 4747 US Hwy 80
- Precinct ID: 5 Ways Station, First Baptist Church, 9150 Ford Avenue
- Precinct ID: 6 Daniel Siding, Daniel Siding Loop Road Fire Station, 95 Daniel Siding Loop Road
- Precinct ID: 7 RH Recreation Complex, 508 Timber Trail
- Precinct ID: 8 Hwy 144 East, St. Elizabeth’s Episcopal Church, 16491 Hwy 144
- Precinct ID: 9 Hwy 144, Corinth Baptist Church, 19536 Hwy 144
- Precint ID: 10 J.F. Gregory Park, John W. Stevens Wetlands Education Center, 600 Cedar Street.
For more information, call the Registrar’s office at 653-3859 or visit http://www.bryancountyga.org/309681.html.