Karen Rogers, president of Bryan Animal Caregivers, faces this week's probing questions:
1. What do you feel is your greatest achievement?
Going back to school.
2. What, to you, is perfect happiness?
Seeing your children go from good kids to great adults.
3. What one material possession would you save in the event of a fire (assuming your family was safe)?
As long as the pets are included as family, my next thing would be all of my photos.
4. What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given?
Pick your battles wisely.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Although I don’t anymore, I would change my bad choice to smoke.
6. What is your greatest fear?
What it would be like if I or a family member lost our health.
7. What is your greatest extravagance?
8. If money weren’t an object, how would you spend your time?
Traveling around the world.
9. What trait do you most deplore in another person?
10. Who are your favorite musicians?
The Beatles, Billy Joel … too many to list.
11. What are your favorite books?
All of the classics.
12. What talent would you most like to have?
I wish I would have learned to play the piano.