The house that has served as the parsonage for Pembroke Christian Church for 47 years burned April 9.
According to a report from the Pembroke Police Department, Sgt. Billy Gray was dispatched to the house at 173 Burkhaulter St., where Gilbert Ellison and Pat Gober had just returned home to find smoke coming from the east side of the house.
Pembroke Fire Department arrived at the scene and extinguished the blaze, which caused extensive damage to the parsonage. According to the report, the cause of the fire is presumed to be electrical, so there is no further investigation.
The Pembroke City Council at it’s meeting Tuesday noted that no one was hurt during the incident and that a pet was rescued from the house.