Leadership Southeast Georgia has announced the election of its 2019 board of directors that will include Lee Beckmann of the Georgia Ports Authority as its chair and Brynn Grant of the Savannah Economic Development Authority as vice chair.
The new executive board will also include the following community leaders:
• Treasurer: Jon Seagraves, Citizens Bank, Bryan County
• Secretary: Margaret VanHouten, D.S. Smith, Liberty County
• Immediate Past Chair: Ruel Joyner, 24e Design Co., Chatham County
Leadership Southeast Georgia is a five-month regionwide program designed to equip, empower and connect community leaders so they can most effectively promote positive growth and improve the quality of life in the southeast Georgia region.
The executive board and program participants represent a variety of industries across Bryan, Bulloch, Camden, Chatham, Effingham, Glynn, Liberty, Long, McIntosh and Screven counties.
As the manager of governmental affairs with the Georgia Ports Authority since 2003, Beckmann’s duties include overseeing government relations and executing a statewide outreach campaign. Prior to joining the ports authority, he served as a legislative assistant to former U.S. Rep. Jack Kingston, R-Savannah. Beckmann received his B.A. in history from Wake Forest University, is a member of the Metro Savannah Rotary Club and is a graduate of Leadership Southeast Georgia and Leadership Savannah.
Grant is a native of Liberty County who has worn many hats over her 18 years at the Savannah Economic Development Authority. In her current position as chief operating officer, she is responsible for helping the SEDA team create, grow and attract businesses and create jobs.
Grant is also the vice president of World Trade Center Savannah, the international business and trade development platform for the region. She graduated from the University of Georgia with a bachelor of arts in journalism. She is also a graduate of Leadership Savannah, Leadership Southeast Georgia and Leadership Georgia.
Other board members include:
• Jesse Bentley, Evans General Contracting, Chatham County
• Jason Coley, Georgia Power, McIntosh County
• James Coughlin, Camden County, Camden County
• Jared Downs, Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce, Glynn County
• Frank Fortune, The Fortune Image, Bulloch County
• Robert Grant, Junior Achievement, Effingham County
• Cedric King, Pinova, Glynn County
• Kendria Lee, Georgia Southern University, Bulloch County
• Joe Marchese, Joe Marchese Construction, Effingham County
• Krystal McGee, YMCA of Coastal Georgia, Liberty County
• Marcus Sack, PC Simonton, Liberty County
• Alyce Thornhill, Georgia Department of Economic Development Region 12, Camden County
For more information, visit //www.lsega.com/