George Washington Carver Elementary School Principal Crystal Morales lists her likes and dislikes in this week's Proust questionnaire:
1. What do you feel is your greatest achievement?
To have had the privilege of meeting and working with so many talented teachers, parents and students over the years.
2. What, to you, is perfect happiness?
A quiet day in the office is a nice start.
3. What one material possession would you save in the event of a fire (assuming your family was safe)?
Photos and my grandmother’s wardrobe.
4. What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given?
My father was an educator and he was always fair, firm, and consistent.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I can always use more patience.
6. What is your greatest fear?
I’m not sure about greatest fear, but I do not like snakes!
7. What is your greatest extravagance?
I’m not sure I have one.
8. If money weren’t an object, how would you spend your time?
Reading a book, sitting on the beach with my husband, watching my kids play.
9. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
My work ethic.
10. What trait do you most admire in another person?
11. What trait do you most deplore in another person?
12. Who are your favorite musicians?
Many—depends on my mood.
13. What are your favorite books?
Thrillers, romance—anything but science fiction.
14. What talent would you most like to have?
I would love to be able to sing.