By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Three treated after fire on Hunter
Placeholder Image

SAVANNAH — Authorities say three people were taken to a hospital and treated for smoke inhalation after a fire in a housing unit at Hunter Army Air Field in Savannah.

Officials tell the Savannah Morning News ( the fire occurred around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday night.

Authorities say a woman who lived at the home, an MP officer and a Department of the Army officer who tried to help her all were treated at Memorial University Medical Center in Savannah.

Army spokeswoman Dina McKain said the fire was caused by unattended cooking. She said it was contained within minutes by Hunter firefighters and did not spread to other structures.


Sign up for our E-Newsletters