Election Day has finally arrived. The City Elections in Pembroke and Richmond Hill and the Special Election for Bryan County ESPLOST will be held Tuesday, Nov. 6. Voting is from 7 a.m. from 7 p.m.
To vote in the City Elections, go to City Hall in Pembroke for Pembroke City Council, 160 North Main St., or to the John W. Stevens Wetlands Education Building in J.F. Gregory Park for Richmond Hill City Council.
To vote in the Special Election, residents will need to go to their county precinct (otherwise referred to as a voting district). Here's the list of the 10 Bryan County voting precincts:
- Precinct ID: 1 Pembroke West, American Legion, 1040 Hwy 280 West
- Precinct ID: 2 Pembroke East, City Hall, 160 N Main Street
- Precinct ID: 3 Ellabell, Hendrix Park Gym, 4060 Wilma Edwards Road
- Precinct ID: 4 Blitchton Fire Station, 4747 US Hwy 80
- Precinct ID: 5 Ways Station, First Baptist Church, 9150 Ford Avenue
- Precinct ID: 6 Daniel Siding, Daniel Siding Baptist Church, Daniel Siding Road
- Precinct ID: 7 RH Recreation Complex, 508 Timber Trail
- Precinct ID: 8 Hwy 144 East, St. Elizabeth's Episcopal Church, 16491 Hwy 144
- Precinct ID: 9 Hwy 144, Corinth Baptist Church, 19536 Hwy 144
- Precint ID: 10 J.F. Gregory Park, John W. Stevens Wetlands Education Center, 600 Cedar Street.
Note: While Richmond Hill city and county elections will both be offered at the J.F. Gregory Park Wetlands Center, Davis said residents will still have to do two separate ballots for the different elections. At the site, Davis said there will be an area for each ballot.
"There are different locations for the two elections this year," said Probate Court Judge Sam Davis. "It just couldn't be avoided. I did contact the Secretary of State to see if we could combine both elections on the same ballot, but legally, we couldn't. I know it's aggravating, but it was out of our control."
Last week was the advanced voting; Pembroke City Clerk Betty Hill said they had 66 ballots go out and 62 have come back in so far. Richmond Hill City Clerk Ursula Lee their final count was 219. All advanced/absentee ballots must be received by Nov. 6.
For more information, call the Registrar’s office at 653-3859 or visit http://www.bryancountyga.org/309681.html.