North Bryan Emergency Services, along with automatic aid units from the City of Pembroke Fire Department, responded to a reported fire Thursday night in a residence at 101 Power Circle Road. EMS unit 5 was the first unit to arrive on scene. The crew reported to incoming units on a fully-engulfed single-wide trailer, andseveral small propane cylinders were near the fire.
Engine 51 was the first apparatus to arrive on scene. Capt. Mark Waters established command. It was verified that all residents had escaped from the home unscathed and a water supply was established via water shuttle. Crews began a defensive attack on the structure, rapidly bringing the fire under control.
The structure was a total loss. Crews conducted a thorough overhaul to ensure all hidden flames and hot spots in remained of the structure were extinguished. All equipment and personnel were recovered and returned to service. The displaced residents went to stay with family out of town. It is unknown what started the blaze, but residents reported hearing a loud pop prior to fleeing the fire.