Rotary Club of Richmond Hill president
1. What do you feel is your greatest achievement?
Managing to get two master's degrees and creating my website, www.megateeth.com, which sells shark teeth and pendants made from teeth that I have personally found - and being able to also display and sell these at The Midway Gallery.
2. What, to you, is perfect happiness?
Fossil diving near the Ogeechee River in the morning, a nap at the beach in the afternoon and a fish dinner at Loves Seafood Restaurant in the evening.
3. What one material possession would you save in the event of a fire (assuming your family was safe)?
My fossil collection.
4. What's the best advice you've ever been given?
Follow your instincts and intuition.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I wish I was more organized.
6. What is your greatest fear?
That one day I might have to give up doing the things that I love.
7. What real or fictional person do you most identify with?
Mary Anning, who is considered to be the most successful fossil hunter of all time. She lived in England in the 1800s, and at the age of 12, she starting discovering new species such as the ichthyosaur and plesiosaur. The fossils she found then are still popular attractions in museums all over the world.
8. What is your greatest extravagance?
Time (because of my profession, I can spend much of my time doing what I want to do, which is usually diving for shark teeth).
9. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
That I am truly passionate about what I do, and that I am able to share my finds with others.
10. What trait do you most admire in another person?
I admire people who are very organized and focused.
11. Who are your favorite musicians?
The Moody Blues, Sting and Natalie Merchant.
12. What are your favorite books?
Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch series, the Travis McGee series by John D. MacDonald and "Remarkable Creatures" by Tracy Chevalier.
13. What talents would you most like to have?
Musical talent and the ability to write.