Sarah Volker, president of the Richmond Hill Historical Society, faced the questions this week:
1. What do you feel is your greatest achievement?
I hope my greatest achievement is yet to come; though I am rather proud of the men my 2 sons have become and hope some of it was due to my influence.
2. What, to you, is perfect happiness?
Perfect happiness is that rare moment when all of the stars are aligned, all is right with the world, my husband, children and grandchildren are fulfilling their purpose in life, and my latest painting or sculpture is actually going the way I planned.
3. What one material possession would you save in the event of a fire (assuming your family was safe)?
Material possessions I would save? Photographs and writings of the generations of my family that preceded me because they document who I am, where I come from, and in the future will help my children and grandchildren to define who they are.
4. What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given?
Best advise? Never say never; you know not what you are capable of doing, be it negative or positive, until you are faced with circumstances beyond your control.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I have a tremendous ability to procrastinate and equivocate.
6. What is your greatest fear?
To lose myself to senility.
7. What real or fictional person do you most identify with?
I think I most identify with my sister.
8. What is your greatest extravagance?
My greatest extravagance is travel.
9. If money weren’t an object, how would you spend your time?
I would spend long periods of time in various parts of the world painting and sculpting with The 5 and my family.
10. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
I think I am compassionate and open minded.
11. What trait do you most admire in another person?
Sincerity and intelligence.
12. What trait do you most deplore in another person?
People with negative hidden agendas.
13. Who are your favorite musicians?
I am open to most musical genres; from Punk to Classical.
14. What are your favorite books?
Mysteries and suspense novels.
15. What talent would you most like to have?
I would like to be a more creative visual artist with the passion to push the boundaries of my work to places it has yet to go.