Natalie Lucero, owner and instructor for Stroller Strides of Savannah, faces the questions this week:
1.What do you feel is your greatest achievement?
Running marathons. I used to think that people who run for fun were crazy. Now I get it. It is addictive. Yes, physically it is challenging, but what has me coming back for more is the faith and mental discipline that it requires.
2. What, to you, is perfect happiness?
Growing old with my husband and watching our family grow.
3. What one material possession would you save in the event of a fire (assuming your family was safe)?
My family photo album. In fact, every time we move, I take all my pictures in the car with me just in case something was to happen to our things during the move.
4. What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given?
My mom taught me to always write down three things I am thankful for each day. In our world, it is easy to take our blessings for granted; writing them down always reminds me that I have, at the very least, three things to be joyful about.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I am completely scatterbrained. I would love to have a perfect memory so that I can stay more organized in all aspects of my life.
6. What is your greatest fear?
That fear will prevent me from living.
7. What real or fictional person do you most identify with?
Lisa Druxman, the founder of Fit4Mom (formerly Stroller Strides). Her passion for her children and fitness and her drive to work led her to create this awesome business that is “helping moms make strides in fitness, motherhood and life.” Her business plan changed my life, and I hope it will continue to change moms’ lives in our community.
8. What is your greatest extravagance?
Coffee and eating out. I really shouldn’t buy coffee every single day. But seriously, have you ever driven by Hill House Coffee Cafe and not stopped?
9. If money weren’t an object, how would you spend your time?
I would spend it with my family doing ordinary everyday things. On a private jet on my way to Fiji. In all seriousness, I grew up living all over the world and would love for my family to have the same opportunity to explore the world.
10. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
My friends and family. I guess that is technically not something about myself, so I’ll say my ability to surround myself with incredible people.
11. What trait do you most admire in another person?
Thoughtfulness. In order to be thoughtful, you have to be a good listener, selfless and organized. These are all things we need to aspire to be. Less in ourselves and more in others.
12. What trait do you most deplore in another person?
13. Who are your favorite musicians?
Any country musician. I am a country music junky.
14. What are your favorite books?
“The Hunger Games” series. Love, love, love them!
15. What talent would you most like to have?
I would love to be an incredible dancer.