Marilyn Ward, owner of No Excuses as well as being a fitness trainer and nutrition counselor, faces the questions this week:
1. What do you feel is your greatest achievement?
Losing 130 pounds and maintaining it for seven years.
2. What, to you, is perfect happiness?
Knowing that I am leading by example. Not only do I teach this, I live it, so to me that makes me feel good knowing that I’m not lying to people.
3. What one material possession would you save in the event of a fire (assuming your family was safe)?
My photo albums.
4. What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given?
Never stop believing in yourself.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
To learn to relax—I don’t relax very well.
6. What is your greatest fear?
7. What real or fictional person do you most identify with?
8. What is your greatest extravagance?
Eating dark chocolate goji berries.
9. If money weren’t an object, how would you spend your time?
On the beach
10. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
I like to motivate myself, but I love encouraging and motivating others.
11. What trait do you most admire in another person?
12. What trait do you most deplore in another person?
Procrastination or excuses, that’s how I came up with my business name “No Excuses!” because that’s the first thing people come up with.
13. Who are your favorite musicians?
P!nk and I love Keith Urban.
14. What are your favorite books?
Joel Osteen series—all of his books.
15. What talent would you most like to have?
To read people’s minds.