Richmond Hill resident Lyman Deliguori, who works for Volkswagen but whose passion is home breweing, faces the questions this week:
1. What do you feel is your greatest achievement?
Gaining fluency in a second language.
2. What, to you, is perfect happiness?
Spending time with my wife and daughter.
3. What one material possession would you save in the event of a fire (assuming your family was safe)?
Our 72 VW Camper
4. What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given?
Don’t buy what you can make.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I wish I had picked up guitar as a teenager instead of in my 20’s; I would have had a lot more time for it then.
6. What is your greatest fear?
The complete economic collapse of our country.
7. What real or fictional person do you most identify with?
Bohumil Hrabal, a not so well known Czech author.
8. What is your greatest extravagance?
Tools for my other hobby, air cooled VW’s and Subaru’s.
9. If money weren’t an object, how would you spend your time?
Brewing. I love everything about it.
10. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
I know how to cook.
11. What trait do you most admire in another person?
12. What trait do you most deplore in another person?
13. Who are your favorite musicians?
No musician in particular, but I love Spanish flamenco and classical guitar.
14. What are your favorite books?
Bohumil Hrabal’s “Too Loud a Solitude,” and Dostoevsky’s “Brothers Karamazov.”
15. What talent would you most like to have?
I would love to know more languages.