By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
RHPD reports: Officers busy around Christmas
Richmond Hill Police Department logo.jpg

From Richmond Hill Police Department reports: 

Matter of record: An officer was sent to Way Station Apartments around 6:45 p.m. Dec. 25 for a noise complaint. There, he met the complainant, and “while speaking to (her), I was able to hear the sound of someone jumping up and down on the second story apartment floor above her.”

The officer went upstairs and met with the residents there. “Their juvenile child was jumping up and down on the floor. They advised they would stop the noise.”

The officer gave the complainant a case number, etc.

Criminal damage: A Live Oak subdivision man reported Dec. 26 someone shattered the sunroof on his car.

The man said his son was taking the trash out on Christmas Day and noticed the damage. The officer noted there was no evidence in the car but the damage “appeared to be intentional” and would cost more than $500 to repair. The man got a case number, etc.

Wanted person: An officer pulled over a bread truck on Highway 17 around 11 a.m. Dec. 26 “due to the driver not moving over for a utility vehicle with its flashers on and the cones surrounding the vehicle.”

The bread truck also didn’t slow down. When the officer checked the driver’s license, it showed he was wanted in Chatham County. Authorities there met the RHPD officer at the Kings Ferry Landing to pick the man up.

The owner of the bread truck came and picked it up.

Criminal trespass: A woman called for help around 9 p.m. Dec. 27 because a man tried to get into her Rushing Street home. The woman told officers she was home alone around 4 p.m. when she heard a noise at her back door and went to check it out. There, “she noticed a white male with a ‘bushy’ beard trying to open her back door,” the report said.

“She asked what he wanted and he replied, ‘it’s just me, Jerry.’ As (the complainant didn’t know anyone named Jerry, she told him to leave or she would call police.”

The man left, and there was no sign of him by the time the police were called. The woman was told “to call for police assistance sooner should this happen again.”

Sign up for our E-Newsletters