The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for Bryan County and surrounding areas that remains in effect until 5 p.m. Wednesday.
The ice storm warning has been canceled and is no longer active.
Here is the complete advisory:
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 5 PM EST
* impacts... significant accumulations of freezing rain... snow and
sleet will create dangerous or impossible driving conditions for
everyone including first responders. Damage to trees and power
lines is likely... and widespread power outages are possible.
* Locations... southeast Georgia.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of up to 1 inch... along with a
tenth to a quarter inch of ice accretion.
* Timing... rain changing to freezing rain or sleet early this
evening... transitioning to snow and sleet later tonight.
Precipitation ending around daybreak Wednesday.
* Temperatures... falling into the lower 30s this evening... then
the upper 20s overnight.
* Wind chill readings... around 20.
Unless absolutely necessary... do not attempt to drive. If you
must drive... bring warm clothes and a winter weather survival
kit. If you must venture outside... dress warmly. Exercise caution
when walking on sidewalks... driveways and parking lots. Many
injuries occur due to slips and falls on snow and ice.