DAV and RecruitMilitary will host the Fort Stewart Veterans Job Fair from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 7, at Club Stewart for veterans, transitioning military personnel and military spouses. This event features more than 40 Georgia employers and comes on the heels of RecruitMilitary’s announced partnership with Google and its newly designed job search function for military trained talent.
As job seekers prepare to attend Thursday’s job fair at Club Stewart, transitioning service members and veterans using RecruitMilitary’s job board to preview available job opportunities will experience a refined search that’s powered by Google’s machine learning algorithms and built-in military occupational specialty (MOS) understanding to civilian job matching.
• The new search function is key to those veterans or service members who are actively seeking new career opportunities but are unsure of where to begin. Now with help from Google’s search, RecruitMilitary provides an enhanced running start that is needed by job seekers who are new to the civilian job search process.
• This functionality will make it easier for veteran to find the next step in their career in the civilian workforce.
• In early testing of the service, we have seen a more than 13 percent increase in veteran job seekers applying to jobs, and search volume by users is increased by more than 10 percent.
• According to the U.S. Department of Labor’s January Report, the rate of veteran unemployment holds steady at an all-time low – currently at 3.7 percent, which means military trained talent is in demand by civilian employers.
• Now Google and RecruitMilitary are making it easier for both job seekers and employers by changing the job search and job placement processes for both parties.
For more information about the job fair, visit http://bit.ly/FtStew020719.