Tonya Hillis from Hospice Savannah will present information on the Edel Caregiver Institute at thge next Richmond Hill/Bryan County Chamber of Commerce Lunch and Learn.
Edel is designed to help take care of people who are taking care of others by providing hands-on training, classes and resource information.
Often, people do not identify themselves as caregivers.
You are a caregiver if:
• You make phone calls to check on someone.
• You assist someone with meal preparation, grocery shopping or personal business such as bill paying.
• You provide hands-on care such as bathing, dressing or assistance with eating or taking medicine.
• You help with household chores, cleaning and pet care.
• You drive a friend or family member to doctor’s appointments, shopping trips or other errands
• You provide daily assistance with all of the above
Even if you yourself are not a caregiver, you most likely know someone who is.
All services are free and open to everyone.
The Lunch and Learn will be from noon to 1 p.m. Aug. 10 at the Chamber office, 2591 Highway 17, suite 100. It is free to RHBC Chamber members and $15 for others.
Reservations are required by Aug. 5. Lunch is on your own; the Chamber provides the drinks.
Seating is limited, so reserve your space by calling 912-756-3444 or emailing info@RHBCchamber.org.