Shannon GaNun, director of communications and membership for the Ford Plantation, answers this week's questionnaire:
1. What do you feel is your greatest achievement?
Leading a successful, balanced life under the watchful eye of God.
2. What, to you, is perfect happiness?
3. What one material possession would you save from your home in the event of a fire (assuming your family was safe)?
4. What's the best advice you've ever been given?
Be particular—believe it or not, this came from “The Sweet Potato Queen’s Book of Love.” It applies to everything—whom you date, what you eat, how you spend your time, whom you choose as friends—literally everything!
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
My husband, Ed, says, “nothing.”
6. What is your greatest fear?
That he is lying about my being perfect.
8. What is your greatest extravagance?
Ed says my “bling,” but I think he’s wrong. Probably pedicures, if I have to be totally honest.
9. If money weren't an object, how would you spend your time?
The same way I do now. My strong Catholic Christian faith helps me balance my marriage, children, career, family, and friends successfully. I love my life!
10. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
I laugh a lot.
11. What trait do you most admire in another person?
The ability to make me laugh.
12. What trait do you most deplore in another person?
Lack of critical thinking skills.
14. What are your favorite books?
“Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood” by Rebecca Wells and “So Big” by Edna Ferber because it’s my mom’s favorite.
15. What talent would you most like to have?
I would LOVE to be a rock star—or at least be able to sing well. Consider yourself warned if you sit near me in church.