Maike George, assistant manager of the Richmond Hill Public Library, was asked to complete this week's questionnaire:
1. What do you feel is your greatest achievement?
Putting the Richmond Hill Public Library on the map by starting all these different programs that reach more than just your typical reader.
2. What, to you, is perfect happiness?
Spending time with my husband and kids.
3. What one material possession would you save from your home in the event of a fire (assuming your family was safe)?
My knitting basket.
4. What's the best advice you've ever been given?
No matter what you do, someone will always find fault in it, but don't let that stop you!
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
To be just a little shorter to make shopping for pants easier.
6. What is your greatest fear?
Not being around long enough to see my kids grow into adults and make a life for themselves.
7. What is your greatest extravagance?
Books and yarn.
8. If money weren't an object, how would you spend your time?
That’s a tough one; probably open a yarn shop and knit all day, interrupted by a little reading.
9. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
I am not afraid to try something new and admit failure if it does not succeed.
10. What trait do you most admire in another person?
11. What trait do you most deplore in another person?
12. Who are your favorite musicians?
Too many to list.
13. What are your favorite books?
There are too many good books to pick just one. However, I am a big Harry Potter fan.
14. What talent would you most like to have?
To play an instrument. Sadly, I cannot tell one note from another.