A short agenda led to a quick Bryan County School Board meeting Thursday at the board offices in Black Creek.
The agenda centered on approvals of field trips and donations, along with normal monthly business.
Led by motions from board member Dennis Seger, the school board quickly approved purchasing a riding auto self-scrubber for $8,000 and a $32,695 industrial washer and dryer for Richmond Hill High School and approved a supplement for a behavioral specialist of $3,500.
The board also considered and approved field trips, including:
- Richmond Hill High School and Bryan County High School to travel to Orlando, Fla. April 27 and 28 to attend Grad Bash.
- RHHS cross country team to travel Sept. 22-23 to Cartersville.
- RHHS Young Republicans to travel March 16-19 to Washington, D.C.
- RHHS Skills USA Team to travel March 22-24 to Atlanta.
- RHHS Skills USA team to travel to Atlanta for a state leadership conference October 23-24.
- Richmond Hill Middle School 8th grade to travel December 6-9 to Washington, D.C.
- RHMS seventh grade science club to travel Feb. 7-9 to Orlando, Fla.
- RHMS 6th grade to travel March 9-11 to Space Camp in Alabama.
- RHMS 8th grade to travel February 7-9 to Orlando, Fla.
The board also approved the following donations:
- $419.69 for classroom garden supplies from Donor's Choose for Linda Smith at McAllister Elementary School.
- $200.46 from Donor's Choose for flexible seating and $165 for the project Wiggle, Wiggle Wiggle for Shelby Grizzard at Carver Elementary School.
- $307.71 from Donor's Choose for the project Phonics Fun for Danielle Parson at Carver Elementary School.
- $500 for upgrades to the school's STEM electric vehicle for Richmond Hill High School from Coastal Electric Cooperative.
- $187.95 for book bins from Donor's Choose for Jennifer Pickett at McAllister Elementary School.
- $282.22 for classroom supplies from Donor's Choose for Sarah Taylor at McAllister Elementary School