Gina Florio of Richmond Hill, daughter of Leonard A. Florio and Wonhee Florio of Richmond Hill and Leonard A. Florio III of Richmond Hill, was named to the dean’s list of Emory College, the undergraduate, liberal arts college of Emory University in Atlanta, for the 2011 spring semester.
Students must be in the top 20 percent of Emory College or have about a 3.86 grade point average or higher to be named to the dean’s list.
Richmond Hill’s Christopher Noonburg was named to Oglethorpe University’s Dean’s List for the spring 2011 semester.
Noonburg, a business administration major, was one of about 260 students to earn this distinction, which requires students to achieve at least a 3.5 grade point average while maintaining a full-time class schedule during the semester.
The following Bryan County residents received a degree from Emory University in Atlanta at its 166th commencement ceremony on May 9, 2011:
• Gina Florio of Richmond Hill, daughter of Leonard Florio and Wonhee Florio of Richmond Hill and Leonard A. Florio III of Richmond Hill, received a Bachelor of Arts from Emory College of Emory University.
• David Hart of Richmond Hill, son of Steven Mark Hart of Richmond Hill and Nancy Anne Hart of Richmond Hill, received a Master of Business Administration from the Goizueta Business School of Emory University.
Georgia Southern University awarded degrees to its largest graduating class ever during two ceremonies this May.
More than 2,200 undergraduates received their degrees at a ceremony held in Paulson Stadium and nearly 500 doctoral, specialist’s and master’s degrees were awarded their degrees in Hanner Fieldhouse the day before.
The following students from Bryan County have received degrees:
• Black Creek: Robin Bragg Mock.
• Ellabell: Timothy Stillwell.
• Pembroke: Brandon Johnson; Anna Faulk; Brandon Shuman; Caitlin Crowe; Melinda Lape; Wendy Futch; and Ashly Strickland.
• Richmond Hill: Dawn Hadley; Candice Grant-Barr; Jamie Hillen; Anthony Glazer; Katherine Adams; Shelly Stewart; Kala Hires; Katherine Cunningham; Julianne Reid; Samantha Holesovsky; Teri Kanicki; Brittni Katro; Ashley Donaldson; and Sherae Howell.
Anna Bausum of Richmond Hill, daughter of James W. Bausum and Jeanette Bausum, was named to the honor list of Oxford College, the two-year liberal arts division of Emory University located in Oxford, for the 2011 spring semester.
Students must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or higher to be named to the honor list.
Michael Zhu of Richmond Hill recently earned faculty honors for the spring semester at the Georgia Institute of Technology.
Georgia Tech undergraduate students gain the faculty-honor distinction by earning a 4.0 academic average for the semester.