Bryan County’s Quran George broke his own school record in the 110-meter boys’ hurdles March 10 at a meet at Southeast Bulloch High School.
George finished first in the event in 15.15 seconds, which topped his previous best mark and school record of 15.25. George also won the triple jump with a leap of 42 feet, 8½ inches, and was second in the long jump at 20-8.
Also for BCHS, the boys 4x100 relay team won in 44.21, and Lianna Shuman won the girls’ high jump at 4-10.
Other top finishers for BCHS included DeVontae Anderson, who was second in the boys’ discus (117-5), and Alayna Williams, who was second in the girls’ shot put (29-0).
Richmond Hill’s Daryn Petitt won two events at the Atlanta Games Invitational on Saturday.
Petitt won the girls’ 800-meter run in 2 minutes, 25.51 seconds, and claimed first in the girls’ 1600 run in 5:27.71.
RHHS swept the top two spots in the girls’ 1600, as Rachel Hammersfahr was second in 5:41.62.
Mackenzie Frei earned another high finish for the Richmond Hill girls’ team by coming in second in the high jump with a leap of 5 feet, 2 inches.
In the boys’ division, Richmond Hill’s Marcus Prather had three top-six individual finishes, topped by winning third in the 100 dash (11.14) and the long jump (22-3½). He also was sixth in the 200 dash (22.48).
Other top-eight finishers for the RHHS boys’ team were:
• Demond Fleming, eighth, 400 dash (50.37)
• Matthew Jones, fifth, 800 run (2:05.44)
• Jacob Hedgepeth, fourth, 1600 run (4:48.30), fifth, 3200 run (10:17.25)
• Rakeem Littles, fifth, 1600 run (4:48.51), sixth, 3200 run (10:19.93)
• Shane Rowand, sixth, 300 hurdles (41.81)
• 4x400 relay, fourth (3:26.20)
• Justin Jeffery, eighth, long jump (41-9)