For the past few months, the Bryan County News family has been working on several projects — from gearing up to go twice a week to improving our editorial content and the look of the newspaper. While the latter two projects are ongoing as we constantly seek to make the paper better, we'll begin publishing twice a week on Wednesday, Feb. 28, with our first Saturday issue scheduled to get to readers March 3.
And that's not all.
We've now launched our new web site and News readers are invited to take a look and tell us what you think.
At the new site, you’ll find:
• Breaking news
• Current news, feature stories, columnists, letters to the editor, and articles pertaining to business, education, entertainment, public safety, sports and outdoors. There’s also people news — engagements, weddings, anniversaries and births, and even a section for pets.
• Video — local clips and from the Associated Press • A photo slideshow of local people, places and happenings • A gallery where you can submit your own photos, and we believe they'll be spectacular. We intend to use the best each week in our paper.
Blogs! Read what others have to say on various topics, leave comments or create your own blog. We plan on running some of the best of each week's blogs in the newspaper.
• A local events calendar where you can post an event by following the instructions.
• Special sections
• Coupons and advertisements
• Sudoku and crossword puzzles
While the web site is live and ready for you to enjoy, we're always looking for ways to make it better. So please let us know if you find areas in need of attention.
This particular project has been exciting for our staff members, who received new cameras, video and audio equipment; and who are learning to enjoy blogging, by the way.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about the web site, call Jeff Whitten at 756-2793 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime, enjoy the web site.
Bryan County News
Feb. 15, 2007