What a pleasure it was this morning when I visited Gregory Park for early voting. Enjoying the park were bicycle riders, a group of mothers with babies in strollers, joggers, and walkers. The new beautiful city amphitheater brought together a group of us and we took a moment to admire and enthusiastically share how proud we were of Richmond Hill’s accomplishments, which in addition to the beautiful amphitheater include:
· A new Green city center available for wedding receptions, family reunions, and conferences
· Miles of new sidewalks joining our neighborhoods and plans for more
· A water treatment plant that does not release its affluent into the Ogeechee River
· Reducing our taxes for 7 years and holding taxes to the same amount this year.
· A certified police department and certified full time fire department to reduce ISO ratings
I am part of a group that wants to communicate its support for Mayor Pro-Tem and council members JoAnn Bickley, Jimmy Hires and Marilyn Hodges for their hard work to make Richmond Hill a better place for all of us to live. And a special thanks to Richard R. Davis, /Mayor/ who has worked for the last 31years to create the vision for our city.