By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Letter to the editor: Why is state still using Dominion machines


Have you all heard of Clint Curtis? He is known for being the first person to write an algorithm to switch the results of an election.

In 2000, Clint Curtis was a computer programmer for Yang Enterprises in Orlando, Florida when Tom Feeney, a lawyer & lobbyist for Yang came to him and asked him if it would be possible to write a software program for touch screen Voting Machines that could alter the results of the election. Clint said yes, it was possible.

The program installed hidden buttons on the computer screen that would give the preferred winner 51% of the vote and distribute the rest of the votes (49%) among the other candidates so that no one would know.

Curtis wrote the program in a day. It was simple, only 24 lines of code in C++. It allowed anyone who knew about the program to go to a precinct, pretend to vote and alter vote counts without anyone else, even the election supervisor knowing.

In 2004, Clint Curtis was called to testify before the Judiciary Committee of US House of Representatives. With sworn testimony, he stated that it was possible to steal elections via computer voting machines. How did he know? Because he wrote the first algorithm to accomplish such a thing.

In 2018, Clint Curtis was invited to Europe to testify about the danger of voting machines before the leaders of Italy, Germany and the Netherlands. Within 6 months, all 3 nations decided to throw out computer voting machines and returned to using paper ballots only.

So why is the state of Georgia still using Dominion Voting Machines? Do the Europeans care more about the “safety and security” of elections than we do?

Tom Seaman, Richmond Hill

Sign up for our E-Newsletters