By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Pembroke fire leaves seven people without a home
fire 1
The renter of the mobile home told investigators he believes the fire started in the laundry room, according to Bryan County Emergency Services. - photo by Photo provided by BCES

Seven people lost their home in a fire early Tuesday morning in Pembroke.


The fire, which happenedĀ around 1:30 a.m., destroyed a three-bedroom, single-wide mobile home on George Edwards Road near Highway 119, according to Bryan County Emergency Services.


Seven people, ranging in age from 13 to 42, lived in the mobile home. Six of them were home when the fire started, according to BCES.


No one was seriously injured, said Lt. John Middleton of Bryan County Emergency Services.


The only minor injury, Middleton said, was one man hurting his shoulder on the door frame as he fled the burning mobile home. The man was checked by EMS on the scene, he said.


The Red Cross was contacted to offer assistance to the four adults and three children who lived there, according to Bryan County Emergency Services.


Firefighters from Pembroke and Bryan County responded to the fire. They needed 8,000 gallons of water to extinguish the fire, Middleton said, and the mobile home was a total loss.


The man who rented the mobile home told investigators he believes the fire started in the laundry room, according to Middleton. The clothes dryer was being used when the fire started, he said.

Sign up for our E-Newsletters