Some Ellabell residents are displaced following a fire Tuesday night that destroyed their mobile home.
According to Bryan County Emergency Services Chief Freddy Howell, firefighters responded to a structure fire at 52 Garland St. to find the home fully engulfed in flames.
Howell said during an overhaul of the scene once the fire was extinguished, an electric heater was found where the fire is believed to have started.
“After speaking with the occupant, it is believed this was the cause of the blaze, which spread rapidly through the structure fed by a propane line,” he said.
Red Cross was contacted for the occupants as the structure was a total loss.
See more in the April 26 edition of the News.