By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
AC malfunction cause for McAllister fire call
McAllister fire trucks
Bryan County Emergency Services and the Bryan County Sheriff's Office at McAllister Elementary School Tuesday night. - photo by Ted O'Neil

A faulty blower motor on an air conditioning unit brought Bryan County Emergency Services to McAllister Elementary School Tuesday evening after an odor and haze were detected in a classroom.

Principal Cleave Miller said a maintenance crew addressed the situation Wednesday morning.

Firefighters checked the building with an odor detector to ensure the problem was not a toxic issue and that there was no fire hazard.

“They were already doing some training and got here immediately,” Miller said. “We appreciate their responsiveness to make sure everything was safe.”

Sign up for our E-Newsletters