What do you have to be thankful for this holiday season?
- Josh Nubern, Pembroke
I’m thankful for my family and friends, that we will be able to get together and for the dinner that we are going to have.
- Butch Broome, Richmond Hill
Family - that’s what I’m thankful for. The economy stinks. People, including me, have lost a lot of money in their 401(ks) ’s and their stock accounts. People in the real estate business are losing money, and that affects everybody. You could lose all that, and the bottom line is you’ve still got your family. I doesn’t matter how bad things get or how much you lose, you’ve still got your family.
- Ervin Dukes, PembrokeI’m thankful for my family and that I’m here to see another Thanksgiving.
- Daniel Siding Baptist Church Pastor Alfred Banks, Richmond Hill
The biggest thing that I’m thankful for is that Jesus Christ is my savior and he’s been so good to me. I’ve also got a healthy family, and we’re all doing good. With all that in mind, it’s truly a blessed holiday season.
- Teia Webb, Black CreekI’m thankful for the health of my family and friends. I’m thankful for my new job at the [Black Creek] golf course that allows me to spend more time with my family instead of driving back and forth to Savannah, and I’m thankful that the price of gas has come down.
- Kelli McCauley, Pembroke
I’m thankful for my family and that I have a job this year because last year I didn’t have one.
- Charlie Johnson, Richmond Hill
I’m very thankful for the health of my family and the fact that I have a good family. I’m thankful for the country that we live in and the fact that it’s a free country. I’m also thankful to live in a community that will allow me to serve them as a member of the school board. People have trusted me with their votes and put me a position to try to make a difference.
- Janet and Jerry Collins, Pembroke
We’re thankful for our family and friends. We are especially thankful that our son, a soldier in the 3rd ID, is coming home a month early from Iraq. He won’t be here in time for Thursday’s celebration, so we are going to have another Sunday when he is home.