As of 7:30 a.m. Thursday, Bryan County Emergency Services is reporting that there are 3,227 power outages in the county.
To report power outages and see a map of the outages, click on one of these links:
*Georgia Power outage map: http://outagemap.georgiapower.com/external/default.html
*Canoochee EMC outage map: http://outage.canoocheeemc.com:8889/
*Coastal Electric outage map: http://oms.coastalemc.com/OMSWebMap/OMSWebMap.htm
At around 9:30 a.m., Canoochee EMC reported, "We’ve restored power to over 1000 services since 8am. We have about 6900 services without power. Our Reidsville Substation is completely down, which is mostly a transmission issue that is being worked on. We have a circuit down in three other substations: Bellville, Pembroke and Ellabell. There are lots of smaller outages as well."
Bryan County Emergency Services is reporting that most major roads are open. Call 912-858-INFO.
If you see damage anywhere and can safely take pictures and tell us about it, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All schools, city and county offices were scheduled to be closed today, but shortly before 10 a.m. the City of Richmond Hill announced it would reopen its doors this morning. Here's the announcement: "Thankfully, the impacts from Hurricane Michael were minimal to this area. To better serve our residents, City Hall will open at 11 a.m, this morning."
From City of Pembroke: "We are truly blessed as a City to only have minimal damage from the storm. Some of you may still be without power but we know the power companies are working quickly to have it restored. Although City Hall is closed today, our street dept, water dept, police dept, and fire department have been working 24 hour shifts to protect our city since before the storm came in last yesterday. Our prayers are with all of our fellow municipalities and counties who suffered from devastating damage from #HurricaneMichael. Many of these places are still without power and will be for some length of time in these areas."Continue to follow our Facebook page for the latest updates and traffic/power reports from our readers.
Readers have reported:
* Lights out and have been since around 2:30-3:00 in Pembroke. What I can see in my yard is all good.
* Wicklow sub to Harris Trail to 17 and South I95 to Eulonia was clear..
* Limbs down on Belle Island and power was out for a bit but Coastal EMC did a great job of restoring power quickly. Comcast is a whole other story, of course.
* So far so good in Piercefield subdivision in Richmond Hill. Power still on.
* We in Ellabell fared just fine. Had a brief power outage around 3am that lasted all of maybe 5 min. Stepped outside to see lots of service trucks on the road and on the job. Y'all do a great job keeping us safe! Thank you!
* However, another Ellabell resident said power was still out as of 11:45 a.m.: Lost power at 12.45 am and still without power on Homestead Drive.