By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Home destroyed by fire
Second fire on same road in recent weeks
Placeholder Image

Pembroke resident Linda Adams’ residence at 683 W.E. Smith Road was destroyed in a fire late Sunday night.

This marks the second major residential fire on that road in the past month.

Pembroke Fire Chief Jimmy Cook, a neighbor of Adams, said he saw the rising smoke by looking out the window of his residence. He investigated and then called dispatch, who immediately sent a fire truck to Adams' home. .

The flames were delayed in being completely extinguished due to the limited amount of water capable from the truck that arrived first on the scene. Trucks from North Bryan and Bay District departments arrived shortly thereafter to put the fire out.

Cook attributes the fire to an electrical receptacle which sparked the wood framing and spread throughout the second floor of the building. The home was a total loss.

"She lost everything,"Cook said.

Sign up for our E-Newsletters