By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
County to take millage rollback
Bryan County logo

Bryan County Commissioners are going it alone when it comes to lowering its the millage rate.

 The county advertised this week it’ll seek a rollback rate of 8.314 for all residents, down from last year’s 8.561.

 Pembroke, Richmond Hill and the Bryan County Board of Education reportedly are not adopting rollback rates, which are aimed at offsetting increases to tax bills due to increases in property values.

 However, officials have said about 75 percent of the increase to the tax digest is due to new growth, while the remaining 25 percent is due to higher assessments on existing property. 

The county’s total tax digest value in 2020 is almost $1.5 billion and has increased by more than $400 million since 2015, documents show.

Sign up for our E-Newsletters