The Coastal Georgia Area Community Action Authority is providing weatherization assistance to 40 qualified residents of Bryan County, thanks to contracts with the state Office of Energy Resources and Department of Human Resources.
The following is a list of services available depending on the assessed need of individual clients:
• Repair air infiltration in exterior walls, floors and ceilings.
• Caulk interior and exterior surfaces.
• Weather-strip threshold, door sweep repair or replacement.
• Repair window frames, glass or glazing.
• Attic insulation (only if roof does not leak).
• Replace windows if too damaged to repair.
• Replace doors if too damaged to repair.
• Build handicap ramps (if funds are available).
• Build steps and handrails (if funds are available).
To apply, applicants will need proof of all household income for one month; Social Security numbers for all residents; and a list of all expenses, including utilities, food, clothing, transportation, insurance, child care, alimony or child support and more.
Applicants will also need to know how the home is heated and cooled and if it leaks.
To schedule an appointment or for more information, call Ann Chance or Barbara Patterson at 653-4990.