As of Monday, visitors to seven of Georgia’s 17 public shooting ranges, including in Richmond Hill, will need to note new operating hours.
Operating hours will alter based on the time of year, and day of the week:
• March 15-Oct. 31: 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday; 1-7 p.m. Sunday
• Nov. 1-March 14: 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday; 1-6 p.m. Sunday. Ranges close at sunset or 6 p.m., whichever is earliest.
• Closed on Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas
All of the ranges scheduled for changes to operating hours are currently staffed by range safety officers. Ranges include:
• Wilson Shoals (Banks County, Wilson Shoals Wildlife Management Area)
• Richmond Hill (Bryan County, Richmond Hill Wildlife Management Area)
• Mike Commander (Dougherty County, Chickasawhatchee Wildlife Management Area)
• Clybel (Jasper County, Clybel Wildlife Management Area)
• Ocmulgee (Pulaski County, Ocmulgee Wildlife Management Area)
• West Point (Troup County, West Point Wildlife Management Area)
• Dixon Memorial (Ware County, Dixon Memorial Wildlife Management Area)
Georgia’s 17 public shooting ranges offer a variety of range lengths, from 25 yards to 100 yards, with some ranges designated for rifles or handguns. A shotgun range with skeet, trap and 5-stand opportunities is available at Clybel WMA in Jasper County.
Range visitors, ages 16-64, should note that many ranges require a license, wildlife management area license or Georgia Outdoor Recreational Pass (GORP).
To receive free updates on Georgia’s 17 public shooting ranges (closures, new ranges, etc.), be sure to “click” on the red envelope at www.georgiawildlife.com/FirearmRanges/Info and sign up!
For more information, visit www.georgiawildlife.com/FirearmRanges/Info.