Wendy Sims, director of Bryan County Family Connection, answers this week's line up of questions:
1. What do you feel is your greatest achievement?
I love my job—I love making a difference in my community and doing my part to enrich the quality of life for Bryan County Families.
2. What, to you, is perfect happiness?
Special times with family and friends—hanging out with my nephew, Brantlee, is so much fun!
3. What one material possession would you save in the event of a fire (assuming your family was safe)?
My granddaddy’s Georgia Southern hat. It was his favorite.
4. What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given?
Remember the three “C”s: Calm, Cool, Collected. Never let them see you sweat!
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I tend to be a bit stubborn and hard-headed (always have been—just ask my parents)!
6. What is your greatest fear?
Tragedy in my family.
7. What real or fictional person do you most identify with?
Dorothy from “The Wizard of Oz.” After all, “There’s no place like home!”
8. What is your greatest extravagance?
My sunglasses—I believe in a great pair of shades.
9. If money weren’t an object, how would you spend your time?
Definitely shopping! It’s my favorite hobby.
10. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
I love a challenge and I work well under pressure.
11. What trait do you most admire in another person?
I really admire my sister’s sweet spirit and kind heart.
12. What trait do you most deplore in another person?
13. Who are your favorite musicians?
I have many. I’m a huge fan of classic country.
14. What are your favorite books?
I love to read John Grisham and Nicholas Sparks. Lately, I’ve been reading anything by Jodi Picoult.