This week, Kay Green, recreation director for South Bryan County Recreation, answers the questions:
1. What do you feel is your greatest achievement?
Definitely my children — Karlton, Kaila and Kasey Green — are my greatest achievement. I have loved watching them grow and change from adorable, sweet babies to vibrant, expressive and confident individuals. I can’t wait to see who they become.
2. What, to you, is perfect happiness?
Perfect happiness to me is relaxing around the fire with family and friends after a fabulous day on the water. My happy place has always been the bow of my Daddy’s boat.
3. What one material possession would you save in the event of a fire (assuming your family was safe)?
I would save my photo albums and the computer filled with all of our memories.
4. What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given?
“When you are looking back on your life, you will regret what you didn’t do more than what you did.” So go for it!
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I would love to be more organized.
6. What is your greatest fear?
Having one of my children die before I do is my greatest fear.
7. What real or fictional person do you most identify with?
Fictional: Wonder Woman — I would love to be her.
Real: My mom — a real-life wonder woman.
8. What is your greatest extravagance?
Lucy, my convertible. I love my car!
9. If money weren’t an object, how would you spend your time?
I would love to spend my time on a yacht exploring the world. (Of course, only if that worked around my children’s extracurricular activities.)
10. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
I like my optimism. I look for the silver lining when something not so good happens. My cup isn’t half full, my cup runneth over.
11. What trait do you most admire in another person?
I admire drive, passion, vision and conviction. I admire people who know where they want to go in life and have the ambition to get there.
12. What trait do you most deplore in another person?
13. Who are your favorite musicians?
I love all kinds of music — Sugarland, Jimmy Buffet, UB40, Adele, George Winston, etc. Happy music blaring from my convertible is the best!
14. What are your favorite books?
Actually, I still love Dr. Seuss.
15. What talent would you most like to have?
I would like to have a photographic memory.