Jack "Trapper Jack" Douglas, an alligator and nusiance animal trapper from Savannah, faces the questions this week:
1. What do you feel is your greatest achievement?
One of my greatest achievements is the good friends that I’ve made over a lifetime that would never let me down.
2. What, to you, is perfect happiness?
Perfect happiness is the knowledge that my entire family will be with me in heaven one day.
3. What one material possession would you save in the event of a fire (assuming your family was safe)?
Once my family was safe, I’d want to save my traps. They’re the way I make my living.
4. What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given?
The best advice that I’ve ever been given is to just tell the simple truth, always.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I would like to be able to witness to more people about being a Christian.
6. What is your greatest fear?
My greatest fear is knowing that so many people may not make it to heaven.
7. What real or fictional person do you most identify with?
I identify most with Johnny Cash, the man in black.
8. What is your greatest extravagance?
I paid way too much for a new truck about six years ago.
9. If money weren’t an object, how would you spend your time?
I’d love for me and my wife to be able to travel around the world seeing all of the different animals--and trapping a few while I’m there!
10. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
I treat all people equally no matter who they are.
11. What trait do you most admire in another person?
I admire the knowledge that some people have of the Bible.
12. What trait do you most deplore in another person?
The trait that I most detest in another person is when they think they are better than everyone else.
13. Who are your favorite musicians?
I enjoy listening to Southern gospel and country music.
14. What are your favorite books?
My favorite things to read are the Bible and my trapping magazines.
15. What talent would you most like to have?
One talent that I would love to possess is to be able to be a good welder.