Light, fluffy and chewy, Dawn Hopkins’ chewy rum sugar cookies will add spirit to your holiday cookie tray. These soft, yummy sugar cookies have just a hint of rum flavor Santa and the elves are sure to love.
See step-by-step photos of Hopkins’ recipe plus thousands more from home cooks nationwide at: www.justa pinch.com/rumcookie
You’ll also find a meal planner, coupons and chances to win. Enjoy and remember, use “just a pinch”...
What you need
2¾ cup flour
1¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1½ cup white sugar
1½ teaspoon rum extract
Colored sugar to top
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
• In a small bowl, mix all dry ingredients, except sugar. Set aside.
• Using a mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth and very fluffy.
• Beat in egg and rum extract.
• Gradually blend in the rest of the dry ingredients. Make sure to mix thoroughly.
• Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls and roll in colored sugar.
• Place on lined cookie sheets about 1½ inches apart.
• Bake eight to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
©2011 Just A Pinch Recipe Club. Brought to you by American Hometown Media. Used by Permission.