Perfect for Halloween, there’s nothing spooky about Rosetta Sperring’s orange Rolo cupcakes.
Orange peel added to the mix really bumps up the flavor in these terrific cupcakes. But the real delight is when you reach the candy in the middle. It is such a great surprise — a definite treat!
See step-by-step photos of Rosetta’s recipe plus thousands more from home cooks nationwide at www.justapinch.com/candycupcake. You’ll also find a meal planner, coupons and chances to win!
Enjoy and remember, use “just a pinch” ... — Janet
What You Need
1 box orange cake mix
1 tablespoon grated orange peel
24 unwrapped caramel chocolate candies, such as Rolo (frozen)
24 caramel chocolate candies (not frozen)
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon orange extract
1 pound 10x confectioner sugar, sifted
1-2 teaspoons whipping cream (or milk or half and half)
• Make cake mix according to package directions.
• Line cupcake pan with cupcake paper.
• Place a frozen candy in the bottom of each cupcake paper.
• Pour cake batter over frozen candy ( full).
• Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
• Allow to cool and then ice.
• For icing, cream all the icing ingredients together until fluffy.
• Top each cupcake with a chocolate caramel candy on top of icing, then decorate.
• Make sure to put sprinkles on before icing dries.
©2011 Just A Pinch Recipe Club. Brought to you by American Hometown Media. Used by permission.