It’s hard to imagine not falling passionately in love with Audra LeNormand’s moist, delicious banana cake. All of the flavors blend perfectly with just the right punch of banana. Depending on how large your bananas are, you may need to adjust the quantity. But to me, the more bananas the better.
See step-by-step photos of Audra’s recipe plus thousands more from home cooks nationwide at www.justapinch.com/familyba
nanacake. You’ll also find a meal planner, coupons and chances to win! Enjoy and remember, use “just a pinch.”
What You Need
2 sticks butter
2 cups sugar
1 cup milk
3 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Mexican vanilla
2½ cups sugar
1 cup water
1 lemon, juiced
12 bananas, sliced
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Add milk; mix well.
• Add flour and baking powder; mix well. Finally, add Mexican vanilla; mix well.
• Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
• Bake for 30-35 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
• While cake is baking, combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan.
• Heat until syrupy, then add lemon; allow to cool.
• Place one cake on a cake platter and prick holes in it with a fork.
• Place half of the sliced bananas on the first layer and pour half of syrup over the bananas and cake.
• Place second cake layer on top of the first. Prick holes, layer bananas, then use the last of the syrup.
• Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
©2011 Just A Pinch Recipe Club. Brought to you by American Hometown Media. Used by Permission.