The scriptures tell us, both in the 10 Commandments as well as Ephesians 6, that we are to honor our mothers. Also, this past Sunday, people everywhere gave special honor to mothers on what has been proclaimed as "Mother’s Day."
Yes, mothers do deserve a special day to draw attention to all that they do and how much they are appreciated.
The problem is so many times this honor is not carried on throughout the year; after all, the responsibilities they assume do not stop. Think for a moment of all the things your mother or the wife of your kids does, and start showing regular acts of appreciation.
What are some things we can do?
1. In your prayers thank God for her.
2. Verbally or through cards or phone calls communicate words of gratitude.
3. Do things special for her to lighten her load.
4. Spend time with her as much as possible.
5. Give her gifts for no special occasion.
6. If you are still living under her roof, do what she asks of you without complaining or arguing.
7. Add to this list with your own ways to honor her.