The Bryan County Head Start/Pre-K programs are taking applications for the 2012-13 school term.
The programs are federally funded and provide comprehensive child development services to children, as well as a comprehensive program of health, nutritional, educational and social services.
The Bryan County program accepts ages 3-5 years, with all children having turned 3 by Sept. 1, 2011.
To apply, the following documents are required:
• Birth certificate.
• Proof of income for the past 12 months or calendar year.
• Georgia Immunization Certificate (form No. 3231).
• Physician’s diagnosis and prognosis (for special needs children only).
• Social Security numbers for each family member (as applicable).
• Child’s most recent physical exam or well-baby check up.
• Child’s most recent dental exam.
• Medical insurance documentation (Medicaid, Peach Care or private insurance card).
Parents will also be asked to provide the names of others to whom your child may be released, as well as names, addresses and phone numbers for anyone identified as an emergency contact and physician and dentist information. Selection is not first come, first served, but is based on a point system based on income, age, parental status, disability and other factors.
For more information, call 653-4990.