View Mobile Site

Kitchen fire displaces family

  • Bookmark and Share

Most Popular

BC News Friends to follow

POSTED: July 30, 2014 2:00 p.m.
Photo provided/

A firefighter gives water to a dog belonging to the occupants of a mobile home that caught fire on Monday.

View Larger

No one was reported injured in a mobile home fire Monday at 706 Mannie English Road in Ellabell.
According to Bryan County Emergency Services Chief Freddy Howell, the fire was reported around 5:51 p.m. and fire and ambulance crews from BCES and the Pembroke Volunteer Fire Department responded.
They arrived to find smoke coming from the back of the mobile home and occupants outside saying the kitchen was on fire, Howell said.
“Emergency crews deployed hose lines and had water on the fire within five minutes of the first arriving fire engine,” he said. “The fire was completely extinguished within 15 minutes of arrival and the building was checked for fire extension with a thermal imaging camera.”
Howell said fire crews contained the fire to the stove and cabinet areas with no other damage.
The American Red Cross was notified and “arrived to provide assistance to the occupants,” Howell said.

 

Comments

  • Bookmark and Share

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.


Please wait ...