View Mobile Site

Parsonage burns in Pembroke

  • Bookmark and Share

Prime Time Specialty Mini Grid WIDGET

Tonight in Prime Time

Enter your ZIP code below to see local listings.

BC News Friends to follow

POSTED: April 18, 2011 11:11 a.m.

The house at 173 Burkhalter St. in Pembroke, which has served as the parsonage for Pembroke Christian Church for nearly five decades, sits severely damaged after an electrical fire on April 9. (Al Hackle)

View Larger

The house that has served as the parsonage for Pembroke Christian Church for 47 years burned April 9.

According to a report from the Pembroke Police Department, Sgt. Billy Gray was dispatched to the house at 173 Burkhaulter St., where Gilbert Ellison and Pat Gober had just returned home to find smoke coming from the east side of the house.

Pembroke Fire Department arrived at the scene and extinguished the blaze, which caused extensive damage to the parsonage. According to the report, the cause of the fire is presumed to be electrical, so there is no further investigation.

The Pembroke City Council at it’s meeting Tuesday noted that no one was hurt during the incident and that a pet was rescued from the house.



  • Bookmark and Share

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.

Most Popular

Please wait ...